Technology is always moving at a fast pace, the way we connect with each other has also changed. Since 2011 I have been helping individuals globally via online counselling.
Ever since a client of mine asked me do I provide online counselling, I replied no but we can try it. That was back in 2011 and I haven’t looked back since. With the advent of new videoconferencing technology, I was able to provide on-demand remote therapy for people who needed my help, but were otherwise not able to visit me in person. Over the last nine years I have provided telehealth and consultations/phone consultation to clients from over 25 countries including UK, USA, Canada, Middle East, Europe, Africa and India.
One of the main reasons why people prefer to use online rather than face to face is that it is convenient for both parties. There is no need to travel anywhere apart from finding a private and confidential space in your location.
Some of the advantages of working online:
- No need to fight the traffic and then look for a parking space.
- You can have coaching regardless of your location, if you are traveling then as long as you have WIFI you can continue your session.
- Clients generally feel more relaxed when having counselling from their own location.
- If you are disabled or house bound.
- As technology is rapidly changing it has made it much more easier to be able receive all the services via more than just one platform, for example, Skype, Zoom, Facetime and many others. Most platforms that provide this service are free and secure.
- Living in the UAE poses certain challenges; we are all going to repatriate back to our home country sooner or later. The stress and inconvenience of changing your trusted specialist can be quite challenging to overcome. Thankfully this is a problem of the past.
- Sometimes people who desperately need my help are simply too embarrassed to reach out to professionals as it is their first-time seeking assistance for emotional support. Some of my regular clients admit to being dissuaded from reaching out for help due to the stigma surrounding seeking help – and reaching out to me through online channels seemed like a much easier option at the start of their journey to recovery.
Before moving to the Middle East I was providing online counselling for many years and then I also introduced telephonic counselling which is mainly used for short-term and solution focused counselling. I also use to provide counselling services to professionals in high-stress work environments from around the world, as work-related problems can impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
What kind of issues can be addressed working online?
Most personal issues can be addressed via online coaching, many will find it is equally as effective as in-person coaching.
- Self-confidence issues
- Relationship issues
- Panic Attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Substance abuse
How to get started online
- Send an email or call.
- I will reply with instructions regarding time and date, you will also be provided with my Skype, Zoom or Facetime ID.
- Thats it you are ready.
Please reach out to discuss your concerns or if you are considering any of my online services.